The building located within a more ancient monumental complex was historically called “ex-filandina”. Built between 1866 and 1879, its original use was precisely that of a small spinning mill for the processing and spinning of fabrics. The activity of the spinning mill continued until the first half of the twentieth century, after which the building fell into a state of serious neglect.
The building, characterized by a rectangular plan, is situated on a slope. Originally distributed on two main floors, however, it had the remains of wooden decks on the upper level, testifying to the pre-existence of a further level under the collapsed roof.
The recovery of the external walls and the enhancement of the original openings was the starting point of a great work of restoration and renovation aimed at the reuse of the building.
The building’s wide interior space has been preserved, maintaining the relationship between the rooms through the use of glass walls and double height spaces between the different levels.
The internal surface is divided into three levels, organized according to a traditional distribution concept that respects, at the same time, the need of the owners to have a fluid space suitable to house their contemporary art collection.
The lower level houses a wine cellar with a small tasting room and a wellness area. Thanks to the large existing openings, these spaces are connected with the terraced garden that surrounds the villa.
The intermediate floor is reserved for the convivial areas and develops around the living room and dining room.
The upper floor houses the master suite with the double bedroom, the adjoining dressing room, a lounge and the bathroom. In addition two more bedrooms with private bathroom.